Saturday, July 9, 2011

App review: Camera Genius

Camera Genius, is it worth your hard earned dollar? In this review we will break it down and compare it to the standard iPhone camera app.

Interface:
The camera genius interface is rather clean and includes some customization features. Such as a "rule of thirds" grid and even a feature to turn the screen into one big button.

Functionality:
The app is definitively a tad faster to open then the stock camera app , but not much faster.
I don't like the way the photos are displayed when you see them, there also is a slight lag between viewing photos.

Zoom:
Camera genius offers a 6x, now I don't believe in using digital zooms, but I will if need be.
So with that said Camera genius's zoom is absolutely awful, when it comes time for me to zoom I much prefer the stock camera app's zoom function.

Editing:
I am quite fond of the editing capabilities in Camera genius, they have a many different effects such as the ability  to add boarders and effects.

Anti-shake:

The anti-shake feature is a complete gimmick, it only tells when to take the picture instead of adding an algorithm to fix shaky photos. With that said I guess it is a nice feature to have it's just not what you would expect.

Photo Sharing:

This is where I feel Camera genius really excels, I can even post photos to Facebook and Twitter at the same time, and that's just the beginning. You can have it send your photos to eight different services all at once, and this is a real time saver!

Conclusion:

Now here is the real question, do I need this app when I have the built in Camera app?
My answer is yes, I wouldn't use this to take your pictures,but more for editing and uploading.
3/5


This app was reviewed in version 3.8

No comments:

Post a Comment